BronxPearl v2.0

Confessions, ramblings, musings, and opinions from a BBW as she embraces 30 31 Years and Life (or at least tries to).

Friday, January 02, 2009

Dear Heart: An Open Letter

Dear Heart,

I know you feel like you are breaking right now. I know that you are in pain because once again he has torn you in two. I know you feel like the mind is playing tricks on you and laughing at you because we have allowed ourselves to get caught up in the words that he has whispered in your ear when it is just the two of you, knowing full well that it is only actions that should make you swoon.

But be encouraged, my dear Heart. It is a New Year. And with a New Year, comes a new chance to do something that we seem to neglect all the time: love our self! That's right! Yes, I said it!

So I will permit you to be broken for this weekend. I will permit you to cause tears to flow down my cheeks because you are tired of the games, and the foolishness. But only until we wake up on Monday morning. On Monday, we will start afresh and move on and do the important work at hand. We have goals to accomplish. We have true friends to lend our best support to. And no time to wallow in sadness (AGAIN) over people who have no real regard for how you feel.

I hope you are as ready as I am.

Peace & Love,
Me

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home