BronxPearl v2.0

Confessions, ramblings, musings, and opinions from a BBW as she embraces 30 31 Years and Life (or at least tries to).

Thursday, January 01, 2009

The Bucket List:2009

Happy New Year, everyone! I can hardly believe it is 2009. 2008 was an interesting year. I am blessed to still be employed at the close of 2008. I make point of that because I know so many who were laid off during 2008--a few on the last day of the year. I am still in my pursuit to keep Belle-Noir thriving and growing in 2009.

My friend, Denise Best, came up with an awesome idea. She created an Ning group called "The Bucket List". The concept is the same as the movie of the same name, only it is a place where motivated individuals can keep track of their list of things they want to accomplish in 2009. More important than that, they can encourage each other along the way.

While I am sure that I will add more things to this list as the day and week go on, here are a few for starters:


  • Host Four Belle-Noir events in 2009: I read an article by an author who I am following on Twitter named Monique Caradine that was all about what "publicity virgins" can do to get some much needed publicity. One of her suggestions was to host an event once a quarter, making sure that press releases go out for it, etc. I have had an idea for a series of events for awhile now, and by following her suggestions, I believe it will help me get them off the ground.



  • Go on a mini-vacation with my Diva Team: All work and no play makes for a very dull life indeed. My Diva Team (Miss Gale, Denise, Gabby, Ivette and Nicky) have been so supportive in 2008 and while I look forward to working with them in 2009, I'd love to have a girlfriend weekend with them as well.



  • Follow my gut instinct more: My friends tease me about the vibes I get about people, places, situations, etc. But they have proven true so many times. Perfect example was about last night & how I chose to ring in 2009. Which leads me to...



  • Love Me More: I know this might sound like a given to some people, but for me, it is honestly something that I can struggle with. Mostly, I need to remind myself constantly that one person's opinion of me does not define me. My friend Denise said it to me a few days ago that in 2009, we are not going to allow energy stealers into our lives. There are so many blogs that remind women (and men) every day that you should try and associate with people who are going to uplift you, not people who do not add anything to your life in a positive way. Last night, for the first time in a long time, I finally understood what that meant.


These are just a few of the items that are on my Bucket List for 2009. I will update this post over the next new days or will post a complete list before the week is out. But I must say, I do love a New Year. It has so much hope and promise in it. I will make these feelings last well into 2009.


What are some of your Bucket List items for 2009?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home