BronxPearl v2.0

Confessions, ramblings, musings, and opinions from a BBW as she embraces 30 31 Years and Life (or at least tries to).

Saturday, January 05, 2008

How to Look Good Naked

I adore this new show on Lifetime! I couldn't wait to see it when I saw the commercial with Carson Kressley (formerly of Queer Eye for the Straight Guy) walking down the street and all of the women stripping down to their bras and panties. I thought to myself--"wow, I could NEVER do that!" And I think that is the point of the show. We are ALL sexy. If we can be comfortable with the skin we are in, we can be comfortable walking down the street everyday.

My favorite part of the show: when Layla's nude portrait is on the side of the building and this guy says "Yeah, she is hot!" and his skinny girlfriend looks so horrified that he would even say such a thing! Second favorite was the couple in the LB store and when Carson asks dude if Layla looks sexy in her bra & panties, his girlfriend's head whips around SO FAST! Carson cleaned it up so well by saying "He can look, but not touch!"
I was hoping the show would take the positive spin it did, athough I was quite surprised when my friend and pro-blogger, Glen of FullFigurePlus.com, blogged saying that the comments weren't all that positive for the show. And, as is usually the case, there were some naysayers out there who thought that the show was "missing" featuring "exercise"and missing a "psychologist and a dietician".
*insert eye roll here*
Let me tell y'all something. I have been fat all of my life. Yes, now people have all sorts of cute nicknames for it: Big and Beautiful, Curvaceous, Full Figured, etc. But for me, I'm fat. There is nothing that any psychologist is going to be able to tell me that will make me not have days where I loathe each and every piece of cellulite that I have on my 5'4" frame. However, if I am wearing a cute outfit, and my hair is done, and I think, "damn, I look pretty good today" and walk out of the door with that attitude in my mind, I will feel better about myself. I will still be fat, BUT I will be in a better mindset. Because that is really all it is.
"I think, therefore I am." Yanno?
That is completely why I created Belle-Noir.com. For both women who have all the confidence in the world, and those who need a reminder every now and again that they are beautiful, period. This show takes that and runs with it and if I had the money right now, I'd take out a full page ad in the NY Times and all it would say is "To Carson Kressley and Lifetime TV: THANK YOU!"
I have already set my box to remind me when it comes on, so I can watch it every week. I tried to find out how to audition for the show, but didn't see that on the site. I signed up as a member, though so if and when the email goes out, I will be right there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home