BronxPearl v2.0

Confessions, ramblings, musings, and opinions from a BBW as she embraces 30 31 Years and Life (or at least tries to).

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Wake Me Up When December Ends...

I am so ready for 2007 to be over and done with. December, for as swiftly as it seemed to fly by ("it's already December what?!?) has brought with it many challenges and stressors at every turn of the corner, the latest drama-zone being my job. *rollin em*
As I go into 2008, I do see that regardless of the naysayers and those who just seem to want to bring a Sistah down, I *am* making progress on the items that mean the most to me. Belle-Noir is growing more and more. I had a model search earlier in the year and the young women who were selected to be models are truly a God-send. We have had three photo shoots so far, and we have another scheduled for January 19th and 20th. This time, hopefully, all of my young ladies will be there. I have the best--and I do mean the BEST--photographer in Michelle Wild. She is the truth, y'all. And every shoot that we do with her reminds me to go for what I want to do. Each picture she takes is pure evidence that she is truly doing what she loves the most behind that lens. I also have met a fierce stylist in JaQuette Jones. So the Belle-Noir team is growing more and more every day.
I have to be thankful for all of those things. Because what happens at the job is exactly that--a job. I have bigger and better things I am destined for in 2008. I am devising a personal "to-do" list for 2008 (I might share it with y'all once we ring in '08). Because it's not about anyone else but me and mine in 2008.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home